12.04.2018 | doors open at 18:30
Expat Center, Schmerlingplatz 3, 1010 Wien
Dr. Sabrina Kirrane, who is a postdoctoral researcher working at the Institute of Information Business at the Vienna University of Economics and Business, will be holding a talk on:
Cryptocurrencies and Blockchain technology: What are they and what are the killer applications?
Some of the topics that will be covered are:
- The historical perspective of trading in Cryptocurencies (e.g. the initial Montgox platform, and influence of Jed McCaleb, etc.)
- What is Blockchain technology? What is its value? What are its potential future applications?
- Bitcoin and its importance as the first cryptocurrency
- What is the difference between Mining vs. Trading and is it necessary to have a Digital Wallet?
- The integration of cryptocurrencies into the mainstream financial markets. The regulation of cryptocurrencies – taxation and transparency
- What is the intrinsic value of Bitcoins/Altcoins and what is a ICO (Initial Coin Offering) and how is it calculated?
- Blockchain for distributed data management and decentralised application development
As usual after the main event, there will an opportunity to network and discuss the topic in more detail in an informal atmosphere.
Please register here: